Healthy Quinoa Salad Recipe

7:47:00 PM

So, I haven't written a blog in a few months because I've been writing them daily for my new job, which you can check out here ---- www.oahuspineandrehab.com/blog/ ---- look under the "lifestyle" category  if you would like and you will find some of my work!

Also, I've been busy gaining ten pounds since my husband got home. But with the help from AdvoCare (shameless plug here: https://www.advocare.com/140226227) and eating healthy, that ten pounds will be gone in no time!

Anyways, that is why this blog is a recipe for literally the only healthy thing I know how to make from scratch. Which works for me because it is DELICIOUS. 


The 8th Wonder of the World: Quinoa Salad! 


Ingredients:
1 whole cucumber
1 whole zucchini 
Cherry Tomatoes (or regular diced)
Kalamata Olives

Directions: (According to photos)

Bottom left: Before you start chopping, put your Quinoa on to cook. I use rainbow or tri-colored quinoa because it's prettier but they both work. I use one cup of uncooked Quinoa, put on burner with two cups water or chicken stock. Cook like rice (10 minutes after water boils- DON'T STIR) 

Upper left photo: Start with a whole cucumber and whole zucchini and some cherry tomatoes or diced regular if you prefer.

Upper right photo: Dice all ingredients so in small squares, I cut cherry tomatoes in half just because of preference put in medium sized serving bowl! (Also cut olives if preferred)

Now, go feed your cute little guinea pig some cucumber. Oh wait.... Is that just me? 

Once quinoa is cooked take off the burner and stir, let it cool for 10-15 minutes and then add to the bowl and mix! Add olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.! And you're done! 

There you go! Delicious, HEALTHY, super easy and pretty too!
This is very basic obviously you can add anything else that you want.

You're welcome! 


Note: I add extra quinoa because I like to eat this for lunch by itself. Also - my pictures don't include the Kalamata olives because I'm not a huge fan!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I LOVE quinoa salad! I don't like olives, so I skip those and sometimes add onions & peppers. It's my go-to!

    ReplyDelete

Like MarissAdventures