The Creation of MLynn Events

4:08:00 PM

Follow @mlynnevents on Instagram! 

So every since I was a little girl I have loved crafting. I started scrapbooking when I was in middle school, and if anyone went in my bedroom throughout high school then you know that my walls were COVERED in random things making it the world's biggest collage complete with Jesse McCartney posters and whatever emo band I was into that week.

Fast forward 5 years, add a move across the ocean and a hospitality college degree and you've got my life. Well, I started working at an events company in Honolulu, like every aspiring event-preneur, I was looking for experience and guidance. I got just that. The events were expensive and lavish and extremely detailed which lead to me learning quickly and gulping in every bit of knowledge that I could.

Although I moved on from this company due to differences in personalities and goals, I thank this company silently every day because it showed me what I wanted to do with my life. Fast forward about a year after my last official event with this company. A lady posted on a MCBH Facebook page and said they were looking for a cheap event planner/decorator for her daughter's birthday....

I did what any girl would do - I took a screenshot, sent it to my main, and said "I could do this, right?" And like any good, uplifting best friend would say, she said "Yes! You can!" That is basically where MLynn Events started (thanks Tash). I met with the lady, we discussed the event, in which she ended up only needed my help with TONS of decor, setting up, and helping her with a few design choices. I told her I would charge her $100 total because I had never done anything like that before. Now I ended up probably spending 50+ hours on the decorations for that birthday party. The theme was a carnival and I made every single game and decor BY HAND. I cut out carnival letters, hand wrote all of the signs, and I was SO proud of the final results.

My very first handmade laminated water bottle labels!

Not only was I super proud of my work, I realized that I actually was really loving what I was doing. Although everything was time consuming; the end result was totally worth it for me. To see that party and all of the handmade, hand cut, hand pain in the ass decorations and games that I created – check it out here! (And yes- I did hand cut out every single one of those tiny carnival style letters on the sign, and I don’t know how because now I have a Cricut and I wouldn’t be able to BREATHE without it, let alone make carnival letters.)

So after this party, I posted lots of pictures of the final results all over my social media profiles, and I had a few girls contact me on Twitter to help with some party décor, and the rest is history. I did a small baby shower order, a couple birthdays and found that I really had a knack for creating these fun party decorations. I love being able to make personal decorations that make every piece of the day special. I'm passionate about every single thing that I make for my customers and I think that's why i love this so much!

I’m a firm believer that life is too short to throw boring parties! I love feeling like I’ve filled someone’s day with happiness and a little extra soul because of my décor! Not to mention I love knowing that I have taken some of the stress load off of the party throwers shoulders by being there to help!

The mission statement for MLynn Events is:

Our promise is to create the highest quality memories and ease the process of your important day while bringing your ideas to life!



In the long term, I want to get into wedding planning and decorations for weddings in order to get a more solid event planning career, but for right now this is the most practical way to get my branding out there and start something that I love. MLynn Events offers party décor, home décor, and graphic designing services for parties and businesses.


Send me and my passion some positive vibes! 

Here are some examples of the things that I've made at MLynn Events! Enjoy! 








You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This is great! Thank you for sharing your blog/story about your journey to start your own business doing what you love. AND I have hired this lovely lady to do some of my events. She creates by hand and all of my orders were beautiful and full of creativity! You should definitely consider MLynn Events when you need to splash your event with eye-catching art and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that sorority sign and that cake looks freaking delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

Like MarissAdventures