Once a Bride, Once a Bridesmaid

12:46:00 PM


I got married young. I was fresh off my 21st birthday and I was the first one of all my friends to get married. This was a shock for everybody, because let’s just say I wasn’t the “hopeless romantic” type. When I told my best friends about my engagement, three were ridiculously happy and three were like LOL WUT. Which was perfect - because if your friends can’t be real with you, why are you friends? Being the first married, I got to set the bar for my bridesmaids who (I think all?) had never been in a wedding before. Because I was young, and poor, and also really poor, I didn’t get to spoil my girls as much as I would if I were to have my big day today. I don’t know if I would consider myself a Bridezilla, but I definitely had no idea what the hell I was doing. Regardless, I had the greatest bridesmaids. 





My friends have an extremely wide range of BIG personalities, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. This lead to some arguments, some shade thrown, but most of all they were all next to me on the most important day of my life. Having my six best friends stand by me on that day was my proudest moment. I looked at each of them with admiration and respect and I honestly wouldn’t be the person I am today without each and every one of them. I know how much my heart needed them there with me, which is why when I my best friend Kristin asked me to stand by her side, I was pumped.



Sometimes I think people take for granted the honor that is being a bridesmaid. Having already had a wedding, and knowing how IMPORTANT and crucial my girls were, I couldn’t wait to be that person for my Sassy Assy (Kristin). As a bridesmaid, the bride is looking to you for fun and support during family drama, looking to you for help with errands and favors and last minute wedding nuances, looking to you for guidance and assurance while getting ready, looking to you as a calming support system before the ceremony, looking to you to initiate the crazy dancing during the reception, and looking to you for friendship on the best day of her life.

I don’t know if this is a thing, but I don’t really give a shit. I was MADE to be a bridesmaid. I’m not sure what part of my life lead to this. Whether it’s my “friends before everything” mindset I’ve had since I was 14, or my love for wedding planning and details, but I loved the shit out of every second of being a bridesmaid. Yes the hair and makeup and dress were all PERFECT and SO fun, but this wasn’t the point for me. (Not to mention I literally cried my eyes out in the hotel suite after she got her makeup done because she was the most beautiful bride I’ve ever seen in my entire life.)  Being able to hug Kristin goodnight after the best and most exhausting day of her life, seeing her happy, knowing that I got to be with her every step of the way, was the greatest feeling that I could ever have as someone’s friend. I live to make people happy and make people laugh. On the most important day of Kristin’s life I got to make sure that she did both from sun up until sundown and it’s an experience I’ll never forget.

Thank you sassy for this amazing honor and I love you more than words! I would do this 10000x over just to be by your side. I wish you and Jake a long and happy life together. Who knew we would both be married by 25? Not me!


p.s. If anyone wants me to be a bridesmaids or a ring bearer or an usher or a parking sign, hit a girl up because I love me some weddings. 

Kristin's Wedding Photos by JMGant Photography
Our Makeup A Ray Of Color
Flowers Simply Home

 We'll start her off in typical Marissa fashion..... lol











Congratulations Kristin & Jake I love you guys!















You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. If you were made to be a bridesmaid, then I was made to be a caterer ;)

    ReplyDelete

Like MarissAdventures