Surprisingly Sober Halloweekend

1:10:00 PM


This was the first Halloween weekend in a handful of years that I have made it through all of Halloweekend without getting drunk. Here’s what I learned:

  • Halloween is equally as entertaining sober
  • Halloween bar crawls are semi over-priced and over-packed anyways
  • I’m too old for Halloween raves
  • Your costume is only as good as you wear it


Why sober? Don’t worry, I’m not pregnant (as many of you thought from my cute pumpkin post on Instagram) As many of you may know from Twitter, I have now fainted at TWO concerts, the last one leaving me with minor concussion. Now, neither of these incidents were alcohol related, but since the heat/standing/crowds all seemed to play a factor, when I’m in those situations I’ve been choosing not to partake in drinking because I don’t want to encourage any fainting. It seems to be an extreme situational issue, which is why I’m trying to avoid those situations lol.. Now let’s hope I can get my shit together before the Atmosphere show in December! Don’t worry, I’m not a total sober sally now, I just prefer to be in situations that involve sitting down lol.

SO. With that being said, Halloween was awesome. I can’t say it was my best on the island because nothing will ever top Halloween 2014 when Tash and I were a Mangorita and Razberrita. On Friday, Nate had to work so I finally got to check out Art after Dark. I absolutely love the concept! Combining the party atmosphere with art definitely brings in a cool crowd. We were there almost there entire time it was open. For this night, I was an extremely half-assed hippie. My creativity was lacking and after struggling to piece something together, I ended up looking like a very poor girl that wanted to be at Coachella. As someone who usually goes all out on Halloween, my “costume” was underwhelming for me so I wasn’t exactly wearing it with pride. Regardless of that we got some cute photos and I had a good time out with some of my favorite girls! 






Saturday Nate luckily got off of work and we got to wear our costume to the Hallowbaloo Festival in Chinatown. It was the first Halloween that I actually got to dress up with Nate because he’s usually gone! Yippee! We tossed around a few couples costume ideas but I am a firm believer that costumes either need to be REALLY impressive, homemade, or funny. We stuck with funny and semi-impressive. Wayne and Garth from Wayne’s World!! I’ve loved Wayne’s World since I was a kid and my brother used to watch it constantly and Nate shared my enthusiasm.  I think I’ve made Nate a Halloween believer after everyone at Hallowbaloo in asked for pictures with us. Also, shout out to Ali and Cam for being the best Anger and Sadness from Inside OUT. PARTY ON WAYNE. 





SHWING

Sunday Nate and I watched Halloween movies and carved our pumpkins before he had to go to work. Monday for Halloween at work, I googled “Halloween costume in my closet” and Scarecrow was the first thing to come up. BAM. Sounds good to me. Thus my extremely basic scarecrow was born. I’ve never actually done Halloween “makeup” so this was kind of a fun one! Apparently no one at my work has an Instagram because they all had never seen the scarecrow and loved it lol. Halloween night I went Trick-or-treating with my favorite little two year old and her parents on base.




The Halloween Snapchat Filter I made for OSR :) 



Overall, it was a pretty mellow Halloween which is totally fine by me. The majority of people that I know on island went to Haunted Wonderland where Deadmau5 was headlining and three years ago I would’ve been there in a heartbeat. When I heard about it this year I didn’t even blink an eye. Is this what getting older is? Four years ago I saw Skrillex on Halloween and then I saw him on Halloween the following year too. (I also tweeted that at Skrillex this weekend and he favorited it, no biggie, 2012 me was shitting her pants.) Not to mention the next two years I went to every dubstep or electronic show that I could find in Colorado. I LOVED those shows and that phase but I definitely think it’s something that you grow out of.

All in all, I've never had to be drunk to have a good time. I've been DDing for my friends since I was 16 and I've always been able to have a great time regardless of being drunk or sober. Yes, I probably do some funnier things when I am drunk but you won't ever catch me in a corner pouting because I'm sober! Okay, I'm done writing this, I'm going to get a margarita. HAPPY HALLOWEEN. Shout out to everyone who made this weekend da bomb. It was a good last Halloween in Hawaii!
PARTY TIME. EXCELLENT. 


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Drinking has never been important to me to have fun. It's mostly about who I'm with and what I'm doing. If drinking is involved? Fine. If not? No worries. Now that I'm officially sober for awhile (marathoning, not birthing anything), I see way more pros than cons! Glad you had such a fun weekend :) I didn't dress up as anything because..I am old.

    ReplyDelete

Like MarissAdventures