Weekend Wanders

1:42:00 PM



The weekends are when I have all my fun and do my wandering all over the island (and I take so many photos I couldn’t post them all on social media if I tried). So I figured I would start a new weekly post to talk about my Weekend Wanders! Enjoy!

Friday 

On Friday I had to work for a little while and then I got all dressed up and fancy to meet my friends in Waikiki at Lewers Lounge for my very first Jazz club experience. The duo that was playing was SO rad. I'm a sucker for any live music and this was no exception. I love to watch people listen to live music, I love the way that it feels, and I love how much passion the artists put into their work. For not really being a "jazz person" this was a super fun experience and I will totally be going back!





The pianist was more than happy to take a picture with us, and he was very sad when we left for the night which broke my heart because I could've watched him for hours. The drinks were pricey but I got a Lost Paradise which was the tequila version of a martini, and it was fabulous and totally worth it! 


Saturday
I had plans to adventure all day Sunday so I decided to stay in on Saturday and get some work done for MLynn Events! Around 2:00pm, my friend Kayleigh convinced me to meet her halfway to Waianae to go up and do a sunset hike at Pu'u O'hulu on the west side. 

We had a trailhead (we thought) and we started right up the side of the mountain. Turns out we took the difficult path and ended up doing some climbing that scared the shit out of me even though it was maybe a four foot wall. Luckily I had Kayleigh there to laugh at my struggle.

The views were totally worth it, west side hikes are some of my favorites. Not to mention we saw a sweet couple get engaged at the top when the sun was going down! 




Kayleigh and my favorite pup, Herman! 
We finished off the day with a huge take out sushi platter from Kuru Kuru in Aiea, that we ate in the car because we were STARVING. 

Sunday
Sunday morning we got up bright and early (9:30 lol) and went to find the treehouse on Tantalus! Super easy to find and great views and a little adrenaline pumping because it's a LITTLE sketchy. Great quick stop for photo ops! 






After our little adventure we stopped at Egghead Cafe in Kaka'ako where I got an Earl Grey Latte and LI HING MUI SWEET POTATO FRIES WHICH WERE THE BEST THING I'VE EVER EATEN. Seriously you have to go try these fries immediately. 


After brunching we took another little detour for a color filled aloha photo opportunity. Kaka'ako is one of my favorite places to drive through because they changed the mural art often and some of the stuff down there is SO cool. 



I finished up the weekend with some more MLynn Events work and hanging out with my piggies! 

ALSO. 

You all need to go download the song You & Me by Marc E. Bassy feat. G-Eazy because it's life. 



Little did I know, while I was finishing up a sunset hike in paradise, there was a mass shooting taking place on the other side of our country. I received a CNN update on Saturday evening in regards to a shooting at a nightclub, but no information had been updated as it was breaking news. After JUST hearing about the horrific murder of Christina Grimmie on Friday night in Orlando, I assumed the attacks were connected and I tried to send positive vibes to Orlando – without knowing the gruesome details. When I woke up Sunday morning I had another CNN notification that this was the deadliest mass shooting in US History.

50 innocent lives were taken Saturday night and no one will ever be able to explain to those families, friends, moms, dads, little sisters & brothers, WHY this happened. In an act of pure hatred, someone killed 50 people and left 50 families BROKEN.

I have so much to say on the subject, but not enough organization in my thoughts to write it all down. With that being said, my heart aches for the victims’ families. I’m sorry that our nation has failed you in providing a safe place for your children. I’m sorry that no actions are being taken to change any laws.  I’m sorry that there are humans out there whose souls and hearts are filled with such hatred and darkness. No apology or words will ever change or help the pain you’re feeling.

Sending all my love and light to the broken city of Orlando from the rainbow state.













You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like MarissAdventures