Weekend Wanders: Drinking Mates & Tea Dates

9:05:00 PM


Finally a long weekend. Well, every weekend of mine is long because I don't work at my day job on Fridays... But this was the first time in a few weeks I wasn't making up hours, so HOORAY. My weekend started off with a bang on Thursday night!

A couple of friends and I went on the Paradise Pedals bike tour in Kaka'ako in town and it was SO fun. When we first started we were a little bit skeptical because we had a very small/low key group with us on the bike, but by the time we had left our first stop, we were all having a blast.


The tour bikes hold 15 people and you REALLY have to pedal in order to keep this thing going. (Especially when you start with only 7 people on the bike- I was sweating through my fedora.) You then stop at three different bars in Kaka'ako - our awesome driver noticed we live here and gave us our first choices YAY. Our first stop was Real- A Gastropub which is one of my favorite places to eat on island. You can read about it in my old blog - here! The second stop we made was at Brewseum, at this point we were fully tipsy and ready for a photo shoot in this old WWII themed bar.






The third bar we went to was Beerworks which was a SUPER cool place. I've heard good things but this place is HUGE, and was pretty busy and bustling for a Thursday night. I can't wait to go back again when we have a little more time to spend there. Definitely all great bars for drinks - not so much for food for me anyways... Not a whole lot of fish/dairy free bar foods if you know what I mean. 


I would totally recommend the Paradise Pedal tour if you have a larger group of friends. I would say if you have 6+ friends with you, the socializing part of the experience would be more fun! After the tour we walked to Pint & Jigger and had one last deliciously crafted drink before it was time to head home. Also shoutout to Ali who sprained her toe and then walked two miles that night, you're the real MVP! 

After a maybe-too-wild night, I spent Friday and Saturday relaxing at home and by the pool. I'm currently reading Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes and I highly recommend! The positive self love messages in this book are super motivational and I like to think I'm living my own year of yes right now! Once I finish it I'll write a little recap. 


Sunday's are usually spent adventuring but Kayleigh and I decided to try something new this weekend/we had a groupon we needed to use. She has lived here for nearly five year and I, nearly three, and neither of us had ever visited Queen Emma's Summer Palace, so that is what we started our day with. While not a real "palace" this summer home is filled with tons of ancient Hawaiian heirlooms and culture. Not to mention Queen Emma was a total BAMF. If you've never read any history on Hawaiian Queen Emma you need to right now, she is totally included in my women with power #SquadGoals. 


I wrapped up the weekend with a visit to one of my favorite places on island, A Cup of Tea in Kailua. Being all dressed up and drinking tea really helps me pretend I'm much more classy than I really am. Thanks to Kayleigh for being my girl who can do both homeless and classy with me. You da best.


What did you do this weekend?





You Might Also Like

1 comments

Like MarissAdventures